Pumpkin Pie Moonshine
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 -7 quarts
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 29 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar - packed
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups 190 proof grain alcohol
- 2 cups whipped cream vodka
In a large stock pot, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the grain alcohol and vodka.
Simmer until all ingredients combine, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Add grain alcohol and vodka to cooled mixture.
Line a funnel with several layers of cheese cloth.
Ladle moonshine through the funnel into clean mason jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head. You want to filter out any remaining solids. (Cheese cloth may need to be changed after 1-2 jars)
Place lids on jars and allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 month before enjoying.
Please enjoy responsibly.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.