Danish Bacon Fried Apples
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time23 mins
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pumpernickel Rye bread
Preheat pan over medium high heat; add vegetable oil.
Cook bacon until crispy.
Remove bacon and drain on paper towels; reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
Add onions and apples to skillet and season with salt; cook until apples have slightly broken down, about 8-10 minute.
Stir in brown sugar and let caramelize, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile chop bacon into bite sized pieces.
Remove apples and top with chopped bacon.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.