Bang Bang Chicken
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- house seasoning - to taste
- 1 pound boneless - skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
To make the sauce, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Season the chicken with house seasoning.
In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, Sriracha and house seasoning.
Pour Panko into a shallow dish (such as a pie plate).
Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then coat in Panko, pressing the crumbs to the chicken.
Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet being careful not to crowd the pan.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crispy and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.
Copyright 2018 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.