Skillet Lemon Chicken
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin sliced Chicken Breasts - boneless & skinless
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 5 red potatoes - cooked & quartered
- 8 oz green beans - french cut (frozen) or 1 can
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 small can
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine - or additional 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon - thinly sliced
In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and thyme.
Cook in the skillet, turning when necessary until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from the pan, and add in potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms.
In a small bowl, whisk together wine, stock, and sour cream. Pour over the vegetables.
Add lemon slices to the skillet, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add chicken back into the skillet and allow to heat through, approximately 5 minutes.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.