Ham and Potato Casserole
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 2 cups cooked ham - diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 11/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese - to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour, allow to rest one minute
Add in cold milk, stirring with whisk
Season dash of Cayenne, and salt (to taste). Cook sauce on low whisking occasionally until it reaches a boil and sauce is smooth
Reduce heat, add cheese continue to stir occasionally until cheese is completely melted
In a lightly greased one quart casserole dish place half of potatoes
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes in casserole dish
Add half of the ham
Repeat with second layer of potatoes, cheese sauce and ham
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
Bake uncovered for 50 minutes to an hour at 350°F
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.