The BEST Chocolate Cake
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup melted margarine or butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine - softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp to 2 milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add melted butter, vanilla, water and vinegar.
Grease a 13x9 inch pan and coat with cocoa.
Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before frosting.
In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with a mixer on low speed.
Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk.
Gradually mix in additional tablespoon of milk until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
If frosting is too thick, add more milk, a few drops at a time.
If frosting is too thin, gradually add small amounts of powdered sugar until thickened.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.