Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- 1 lb fresh strawberries - washed and hulled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup of orange liqueur - like Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 cup tequila
- Coarse salt or sugar to rim the glass
- Strawberries and limes for garnish
Cut the strawberries in half and put in blender.
Place the strawberries, lime juice and sugar or honey in a blender. Blend until you have a smooth puree.
Add the tequila and orange liqueur blend until well mixed, taste and adjust the liquor if needed.
If serving over rocks, pour into glasses filled with ice.
For frozen margaritas, add a good amount of ice to the blender with the puree.
Blend until the ice is crushed and the consistency is slushy.
Moisten the rims of the glasses with a slice of lime and garnish the rims with sugar or salt.
Serve with strawberries and limes as garnish.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.