Baja Fish Tacos
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 pound cod fillets - cut into 1 inch thick fillets, or any white fish
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 flour tortillas - warmed
- 1 cup cabbage - shredded
- Crunchy tri-colored tortilla strips
- Baja Sauce - below
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 in chipotle peppers adobo sauce - to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro - or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
Season one side of fish liberally with taco seasoning.
Place fish, seasoning side down, in the hot skillet.
Season the other side of the fish.
Cook for 2 minutes.
Flip fish and allow to cook for 2 more minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Place an even amount of fish in each tortilla.
Top with shredded cabbage, tortilla strips and Baja Sauce.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.