Skillet Ginger Chicken
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 boneless - skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter - divided
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 medium shallot - minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger - grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides
Add 2 tablespoons butter to a large oven-proof skillet and melt over medium high heat.
Add chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon butter to the skillet and melt.
Add garlic, shallots and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Stir in honey, Dijon mustard and crushed red pepper until combined.
Return chicken to the skillet.
Place skillet into oven and roast until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan and whisk in chicken stock to desired consistency.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Try adding Soy Sauce to up the Asian Flavor.
- Serve with Rice or Rice Cauliflower.
- Make this dish an Asian experience by serving with my Asian Salad and Thai Ginger Carrots.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.