Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 6 ounces German Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter - salted
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons white or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee - dry
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt chocolate and butter together.
Stir until smooth.
Stir in sugar.
In separate bowl, gently beat eggs.
Add to chocolate mixture and whisk in until smooth.
Gently mix in instant coffee and vanilla.
Fill greased muffin tins or silicon cupcake holders approximately 1/3 full.
Bake 7-10 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and remove from wrappers.
Place one cake upside down.
Spread layer of raspberry cream cheese frosting over it.
Top with second cake.
Frost with raspberry cream cheese frosting.
Drizzle chocolate syrup over.
Top with a fresh raspberry.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.