Buffalo Chicken Empandas
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound chicken - cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups hot wing sauce - get my recipe here
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup Blue Cheese dressing - get my recipe here
- 1 ounce package refrigerated pie crusts - 15-, get my recipe here
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together the chicken, wing sauce, cream cheese, mexican cheese and blue cheese dressing in a bowl; set aside.
Unroll 1 piecrust onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-inch circle.
Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds.
You can re-roll dough scraps as needed.
Unroll second pie crust and repeat until you have 12-15 circles total.
Place 1 heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture in the center of each round. Be careful not to over fill.
Lightly brush the edges of each round with water.
Fold the dough over the filling into a half moon shape.
Press the edges with a fork to seal.
Repeat with the remaining rounds and chicken mixture.
Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water to make an egg wash.
Brush the egg wash over the top of each empanada.
Arrange empanadas on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.