Easy Skillet Mac & Cheese
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/2 cup butter - divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz process cheese - cut into 1 inch cubes (or 1 cup of any other type of shredded cheese)
- 1 cup shredded Crystal Farms cheddar cheese
- 1 pound pasta - cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
In a large pot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large oven proof skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium-low heat.
Add flour and stir for one minute until it starts to gets pasty.
Whisk in the milk. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until the milk begins to thicken — about 5 minutes.
Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.
Add cooked and drained pasta and stir to combine.
Melt 1/4 cup of butter and combine with Panko.
Stir until combined and spread on top of the prepared macaroni and cheese.
Preheat the broiler and place the skillet under the broiler until the bread crumbs turn golden brow. This will only take a few minutes so keep an eye on it.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.