Easy Potatoes Au Gratin
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 5 large Russet potatoes - peeled and sliced into discs
- ¼ cup onion - finely diced
- 1 ½ cups Swanson Cream Starter™
- 4 oz . white cheddar cheese - shredded
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange sliced potatoes in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Repeat until all potatoes have been pre-cooked.
Place a thin layer of Cream Starter™ in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
Sprinkle 1/3 of the onions evenly across the bottom.
Place a single layer of potatoes on top of the onions and top with 1/3 of the cheese.
Repeat the process until you have used all of the potatoes.
Top with the final layer of cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.