Easy Peppermint Mocha Trifle
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time26 mins
Total Time36 mins
- 1 Red Velvet boxed cake mix - any variety
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ® Tasters Choice® instant coffee granules
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Peppermint Mocha Liquid Coffee Creamer
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Chocolate mint candies for garnish
Pour cake mix into mixing bowl and add instant coffee granules.
Prepare cake according to package directions.
Allow to cool.
Meanwhile, prepare pudding mixture by combining pudding mix, coffee creamer, milk and extract in a large bowl.
Whisk until combined and set aside until thickened.
Once cake is cooled, cut into one inch cubes.
Place a single layer of cake cubes in a trifle bowl.
Pipe a layer of pudding on top of cake.
Repeat previous two steps until you have filled the trifle bowl.
Add a few decorative dollops of pudding on top and garnish with mint candies.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.