30 Minute Cream of Broccoli Soup
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 whole onion - diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 26.1 oz . Swanson Cream StarterTM
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 heads broccoli - cut into florets
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . black pepper
Melt butter in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat.
Add onions and cooking for 3-4 minutes.
Pour in Swanson Cream StarterTM and chicken broth.
Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to the desired consistency. Or, use a blender to puree the soup.
Top with garnishes of your choice such as crumbled bacon or grated cheddar cheese.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.