Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 3 cups milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats - not quick cooking
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Lemon zest for garnish
Add milk and salt to a medium sauce pan.
Bring to a slight boil of medium high heat.
When milk starts to get foamy around the edges, turn heat down to medium and add oats.
Stir continually to prevent boiling over.
Cook until thickened, about 7-8 minutes.
Stir in berries, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Spoon into bowls and top with lemon zest.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.