Simple Mexican Skillet
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 lbs lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 10.75 oz cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 10 oz can Ro-Tel
- 1 15.5 oz can Whole Kernel Corn - drained
- 1 15.5 oz can Black Beans - drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper
- 1 packet Fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 9 oz bag tortilla chips - crushed
- Chopped fresh Cilantro or Scallions (for garnish - optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large ovenproof skillet brown beef over medium high heat, drain off fat.
Stir in onion, Bell pepper, Ro-Tel, soup, beans, corn and Fajita seasoning bringing mixture to a boil.
Remove from heat and spread cheese and crushed chips on top of beef mixture.
Put into oven and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven garnish as desired.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.