Southwest Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups shredded pork or ground beef
- 2 cups prepared rice - white or brown
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 8 peppers - green or red
- 1/4 cup green salsa
Lime Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 cup limes squeezed - about 1/3 to 1/2 lime juice
Cut a small slice off of peppers on one side leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds from the interior of the pepper. Place in a 9x13 casserole pan.
Combine pork, rice, green chiles, and green salsa in a bowl. Stuff peppers with filling mixture, pressing down to really fill them.
Bake covered with foil at 400 degrees F for 25 min. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Remove and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, mayo, and lime juice in a small bowl.
Top each pepper with lime yogurt sauce, paprika, and if desired sliced avocado.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.