The Best Meatloaf
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices of white bread
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup onion - finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic - finely minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley - minced
- 1/2 tsp house seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour milk over bread and let sit for a few minutes so it absorbs the milk.
In a large bowl combine the beef, milk-soaked bread, onion, garlic, cheese, eggs, parsley, salts and pepper.
Mix with your hands until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape on the baking sheet.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Stir until combined.
Spread 1/2 of the mixture on the top of the meatloaf.
Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Use the remaining glaze for dipping.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.