Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup – ½ best quality extra virgin olive oil - depending on if you are watching calories
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 shallots - minced
- Salt - pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 1 can black beans
Make dressing by combining vinegar, mustard, garlic, shallots and olive oil; season to taste.
Prepare quinoa according to package directions; allow to cool.
Combine roasted red pepper and remaining ingredients with quinoa.
Add dressing and toss.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.