Slow Cooker Cubano Sliders
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 24 sliders
- 3 pound pork roast
- 2 cups chopped onions - 2 large
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers - finely chopped (remove the seeds if you prefer less heat)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 sliders or mini buns - split
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 12 slices smoked deli ham - halved
- 12 slices Jarlsburg cheese halved - or Swiss
- Cornichons or small dill pickles
Make the Sauce
In a medium skillet cook minced garlic in olive oil over medium heat until just starting to brown. Remove from heat.
Add the juices, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
Shred the pork while it is still in the slow cooker.
Stir the sauce into the shredded pork and let cook for another 15 minutes in the slow cooker.
To serve, spread cut sides of each bun with butter.
Grill in saute pan, cut side down, until just browned and a little crisp.
Remove from pan and spread mustard on each bun half.
Top bun bottoms with one-half slice ham and one-half slice cheese.
Use a slotted spoon to spoon roast pork mixture on top of cheese slices.
Cover with bun tops.
If desired, garnish each slider with a cornichons
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.