Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg - beaten
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 small onion - grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slices ball mozzarella cheese (half cut into 1" chunks - half cut into )
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - minced
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 jar Heinz Classico spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, egg, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine.
Place mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
Place one chunk of mozzarella cheese into each muffin cup.
Press cheese into mixture, making sure it is completely covered.
In a small bowl combine Panko, parmesan, parsley and melted butter.
Stir until combined.
Spoon about two tablespoons of crumbs on top of each meatloaf.
Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove pan from oven.
In a small baking dish, pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce and spread around so the bottom is evenly coated.
Place meatloaves on top of the sauce.
Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of sauce on top of each meatloaf.
Place on slice of mozzarella on top of each meatloaf.
Place baking dish under preheated broiler and broil until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.