Grilled Corn Salad
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 4 in ears fresh corn husks
- 1/2 cupred bell pepper - diced
- 12 cup green bell pepper - diced
- 1/2 cup red onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro - roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil - plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat grill on high.
Remove husks and silks from corn.
Brush corn with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Place corn on the preheated grill. Cook, turning occasionally, 10 minutes, or until tender.
Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Cut the corn kernels from the cob, and place in a medium bowl.
Add the peppers and onions to the corn.
In a blender or food processor, mix the cilantro, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Stir dressing into the corn salad.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.