- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon - or 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
In a small saucepan, add blueberries, ½ cup water, and 2 Tbsp sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest or lemon oil and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 6-7 minutes.
In a small bowl combine ½ Tbsp cornstarch and ¼ cold water till well mixed together. Add cornstarch mixture to blueberry mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until desired thickness.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.