Bacon Mac and Cheese
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz process cheese - cut into 1 inch cubes (or 1 cup of any other type of shredded cheese)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound pasta - cooked and drained
In a large pot, prepare pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
Cut bacon in small pieces and cook in skillet until crispy (about 7 minutes).
Remove cooked bacon from skilled and drain on paper towels.
Reserve 1/4 cup of bacon fat; discard the rest of the bacon fat.
Add reserved bacon fat back into the skillet.
Add flour and stir for one minute until it starts to gets pasty.
Whisk in the milk. Continue to cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until the milk begins to thicken — about 5 minutes.
Add cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted.
Add cooked and drained pasta and stir to combine.
Stir in cooked bacon
Copyright 2018 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.