Cherry Macadamia Nut Granola
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 cups
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the oats, macadamia nuts, and coconut.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, coconut oil, and honey.
Pour mixture over the oats and nuts. Using two spatulas stir and "chop" the oat mixture until they are well coated.
Spread the granola out in a greased rimmed cookie sheet, or 2 if you need.
Press the granola down and bake for 15 minutes.
Gently stir the granola and bake for another 10-15 minutes, check to make sure that the macadamia nuts are browning but not burning.
Remove pan from oven and allow to cool completely, about an hour. Break apart and add the cherries. Stir to mix well. Store in an airtight container.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.