Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 cups P.A.N. precooked white cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Garlic butter
- 8 eggs - scrambled
- 8 slices bacon - cooked
In a large bowl, add the water and salt; stir to combine.
Slowly pour in the cornmeal and mix for 1-2 minutes until the dough is smooth.
Divide dough into 8 even pieces; form each piece into a disc that is 4-5 inches in diameter.
Heat a greased grill pan over medium-high heat.
Add Arepas and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Remove cooked Arepas from pan and slice across the middle.
Spread an even layer of garlic butter on each half.
Place 1/8 of the scrambled egg and 1 slice of bacon on the bottom half of the Arepa and top with the remaining half.
Repeat for remaining Arepas.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.