Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 4 large chicken breasts cut in half
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper - or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes - or to taste (optional)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- Taco shells
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, ground cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
Sprinkle evenly over all sides of the chicken.
Lay chicken breasts on the bottom of crock pot.
Cover chicken with salsa.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or high for 2-3 hours, or until chicken breasts are tender.
Use two forks to shred the chicken directly in your crock pot.
Serve in taco shells with topping of your choice.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.