Southwest Quinoa Salad
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa - prepared according to package directions
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Cook quinoa per package instructions, then let cool. While quinoa cooks, prepare other ingredients.
In large bowl, combine vegetables and cooled quinoa.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour dressing into salad and stir to distribute.
Serve warm or let chill before serving.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.