Mexican Street Corn Salad
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 5 ears fresh corn - cooked and removed from the cob
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup red onion - diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno - finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup Queso Fresco
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro - chopped
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add corn and sautee until golden and slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
Remove corn from the pan and place in a large bowl.
Add onion, jalapeno and garlic to the skillet and saute for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are softened and fragrant.
Remove vegetables from pan and place in bowl with corn.
In a bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder and House Seasoning Blend.
Whisk until combined.
Pour dressing over the corn and stir to combine.
Add Queso Fresco and cilantro and serve immediately.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
Expert Tips for Making the Best Mexican Corn Salad
- Try different cheeses: I use Queso Fresco but you can use Cotija Cheese or even Feta.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and enjoy!
- Cilantro Substitute: If you are going to a gathering and people attending might dislike the taste of cilantro, try Italian parsley, Mint leaves, fresh basil. Even try a combination of the three.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.