Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - frozen
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning blend
- 1 cup green bell pepper - diced
- 2 cups yellow onion - diced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 can corn - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chiles
Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bell peppers, onions, black beans and corn and stir to combine.
Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
Before serving remove chicken and shred with forks.
Return chicken to slow cooker along with chopped green chilies.
Stir to combine and serve over rice garnished with sour cream cheese, and chopped green onions.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.