Tex Mex Chicken Puffs
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time32 mins
- 1 cup red bell pepper - diced
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chicken - diced
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Chipotle flavored sauce - amount can be adjusted to taste
- 1 16.3 oz can refrigerated biscuits - grand size
- 1 cup cheddar-jack cheese - shredded
Heat oven to 375°F.
In a skilled, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Add peppers, onion and garlic and saute until tender - about 5 minutes.
In medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken, Tabasco and soup; mix well.
Press each biscuit into 5½-inch round.
Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups.
Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming ¾-inch rim.
Spoon a generous ⅓ cup chicken mixture into each.
Top each with a small amount of shredded cheese
Bake at 375°F 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
Copyright 2018 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.