Apple Cider Oatmeal
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 large apple peeled - cored and diced
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
Place apples, lemon juice and brown sugar into a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave on high for four minutes.
In the meantime, add cider and milk to a large saucepan on medium-high heat.
Stir in oats and salt.
Cook oats over medium-high heat, stirring periodically, for about 5-6 minutes, or until oats soften.
Remove from heat, stir in Pumpkin Pie Spice blend and warm apple mixture.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.