Louisiana Jambalaya Recipe
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time42 mins
Total Time1 hr 2 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless - skinless chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning - divided
- 2 tablespoons salt - divided
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound cooked andouille sausage - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 green bell peppers - chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
Set Ninja® Cooking System with Auto-iQ™ to STOVE TOP HIGH and preheat pot for 5 minutes.
Season chicken with 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon black pepper.
Heat oil in pot for 2 minutes, then add chicken, sausage, onion, peppers and garlic.
Cook uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken stock, tomatoes, rice and remaining Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine then cover pot.
Select Augot- iQ Layered Bowls: Recipe 15 and press START/STOP button.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.