Gnocchi and Parmesan Garlic Sauce
Prep Time6 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time16 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 oz heavy cream - (whole milk works too)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound gnocchi - cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups broccoli florets - steamed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
Steam the broccoli in the same pot as the gnocchi, while it's cooking.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
Add garlic and saute for one minute, or until fragrant.
Stir in flour for one minute.
Add cream and whisk until combined.
Let the sauce thicken over medium-low heat, whisking periodically for about 5-10 minutes.
Once sauce is thickened, add Parmesan cheese and stir until combined.
Add the cooked gnocchi and broccoli and stir until combined.
Top with extra grated Parmesan.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.