Easy Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound bacon - diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend - divided
- 1/2 cup onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup celery - diced
- 1/2 cup carrots - diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper - chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 red skin potatoes - diced
- 4 cups frozen corn - divided
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
In a large soup pot, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
Add bacon and cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Drain fat, leaving 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
Season chicken with 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend; Add chicken and cook over medium heat until no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Remove chicken from pot.
Add onion, celery, carrots and peppers and season with 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend; Saute for 2 minutes, or until tender.
Stir in flour and cook for 30 seconds.
Add half and half, potatoes and remaining teaspoon of House Seasoning Blend.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook over for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree 2 cups of corn in blender.
When potatoes are tender, add pureed corn and whole corn to chowder, along with half of the cooked bacon.
Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Top with remaining bacon and shredded cheese.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.