Pineapple Moonshine Recipes
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 quarts
- 2 cups orange juice
- 64 oz pineapple juice
- 8 oz coconut water
- 1/2 cup Torani Pineapple syrup
- 1 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 orange - sliced
- 7 oz shredded coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 750 ml Everclear 190 proof - see notes
Add orange juice, pineapple juice and coconut water to large stock pot.
Stir in orange zest, orange slices, shredded coconut and sugar.
Bring a boil then turn heat down to simmer.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
Strain solids from the mixture using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
Stir Everclear and pineapple syrup into the cooled mixture.
Ladle into jar and seal tightly.
Store in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks before enjoying. See notes.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- This recipe uses Everclear 190 proof. If you can't find it in your area, you can use Everclear 151 proof or vodka.
- As long as you alcohol that is more than 80 proof, you can store your moonshine in tightly sealed jars for up to one year in a cool, dark place.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.