Instant Pot Peri Peri Chicken
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time23 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless - skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1 lemon - zested and juiced
- 1 orange - juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend.
Place chicken in pressure cooker.
Mix together, lemon juice and zest, orange juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, dried oregano and red pepper flakes.
Pour mixture over chicken.
Cook on manual setting/high pressure for 13 minutes.
Allow to naturally release for 5 minutes, the quick release any remaining pressure.
Remove chicken from pot and set pot to "saute".
Saute for 5 minutes to reduce sauce.
Place chicken on serving platter and drizzle with reduced sauce; Garnish with chopped parsley.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Use chicken breast or a variety of chicken pieces, whatever works for you!
- If you like it extra spicy kick up the red pepper flakes.
- Serve it up with a side of rice, with a cool salad to cut the heat, or even shredded in a tortilla!
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.