Balsamic Steak & Veggie Rolls
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Steak & Veggies
- 1 lb. skirt steak - cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp House Seasoning Blend - divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil - divided
- 2 bell peppers - cut into thin strips
- 1/4 lb. green beans - trimmed
- 3 carrots - cut into sticks
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Italian Seasoning Blend and House Seasoning Blend.
Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is syrupy and has reduced by about a third.
Steak and Veggies
In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Add carrots and cook 3 minutes, then add peppers and green beans.
Season with 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend and cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender but firm.
Lay steak strips on cutting board and season both sides with remaining House Seasoning Blend.
Brush both sides of steak with balsamic marinade.
Place a small portion of vegetables in the center of each steak.
Wrap steak around vegetables and fasten with a toothpick.
In a large cast-iron skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
Place steak rolls in skillet seam side-down and for cook 2 minutes or until seared.
Turn steak rolls and cook on all sides for 2 minutes per side.
Baste steak with remaining marinade as it cooks.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.