Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Garlic
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds boneless - skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Blend
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning Blend
- 1 onion - sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes - drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme - minced
Season both sides of the chicken with House Seasoning Blend and Italian Seasoning Blend; set aside.
Add sliced onions to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Place chicken on top of the onions.
In a small bowl, combine Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base and 1/2 cup hot water; stir to dissolve.
Add Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base, balsamic vinegar and diced tomatoes to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
With 30 minutes left of cooking time, add minced garlic and thyme; cover and finish cooking.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.