Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Chill Time1 hr
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries - divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 strip orange zest
- 2 tablespoons water
Reserve 1/2 cup of the cranberries and set aside.
Add remaining ingredients to a sauce pan.
Cook on low for 10 minutes.
Turn up the heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes longer, or until the berries start to burst.
Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining berries.
Taste and add more sugar if needed.
Remove from heat and cool completely.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.