Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes - peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
Put prepared potatoes in the Instant Pot.
Pour enough water over the potatoes to just cover them.
Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Quick release the pressure and test the potatoes for doneness - a fork inserted in the potato should easily release.
When potatoes are done, mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
Stir in butter, half and half, sour cream and House Seasoning Blend.
You can add more half and half to reach your desired consistency.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.