Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 48 cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar - divided
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 48 Hershey's Kisses
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
In a separate bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and salt together.
With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture.
Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining granulated sugar.
Place cookie balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
While cookies are baking, remove wrappers from Hershey Kisses.
When cookies have finished baking, immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely before storing.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper to keep your cookies from sticking.
- Use a cookie scoop to make the cookies uniform in size so they all bake evenly. They look better for presentation purposes too.
- Use an oven thermometer to make sure your oven is baking at the correct temperature to prevent over or under done cookies.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.