Chocolate Eclair Cake
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter - 1-stick
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3.4 oz packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 12 oz container frozen whipped topping - thawed
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
Bring the water, butter and salt to boil until butter is melted.
Add the flour all at once and mix rapidly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir until the mixture leaves the sides of pan and forms a ball.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition until completely smooth.
Spread in an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Crust will puff up the sides of the pan while in the oven.
When removed from the oven, prick bubbles with a fork. Let cool.
Use an electric mixer to beat the pudding mix, milk and softened cream cheese together until thoroughly blended.
Spread pudding mixture over the baked and cooled eclair crust.
Spread Cool Whip over pudding mixture.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.