Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Marinade time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 24 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lemon - halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary - minced
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 thin boneless - skinless chicken breasts
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
Grill lemon halves, cut side down until deep brown and caramelized, about 5-8 minutes.
Squeeze juice from grilled lemon halves into medium bowl.
Stir in mustard, rosemary, garlic, sugar and House Seasoning Blend.
Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade.
Place chicken in bowl or zipper bag and pour over marinade.
Marinate for 30 - 60 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
Grill chicken on medium high heat for about 6-7 minutes per side.
During the last five minutes of grilling, baste chicken with reserved marinade.
Remove chicken when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Drizzle with remaining reserved marinade.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
Expert Tips for Making the Best Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Grill More: Grill more lemons and even the rosemary and use as garnish or for drinks.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately. Or use the chicken in a delicious salad the next day with the marinade as dressing.
- Try it on Everything: While this recipe works great on chicken, it is great for steak, pork, fish or vegetables.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.