Stuffed Pepper Soup
Servings: 6 people
In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the remaining ingredients except for rice; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Stir in rice and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Copyright 2020 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- Try a Different Meat: Use a ground turkey or a mixture of ground meats like you do with meatloaf.
- Spice it Up: Add some Jalapeno or Poblano Peppers.
- Add More Flavor: Sneak in some more vegetables, beans or cheese to your stuffed pepper soup.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.