Berry Morning Muffins
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time32 mins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups frozen berries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with liners or nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients, including the sugar.
In a larger bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, milk and oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix just until moistened.
Gently mix the frozen berries into the batter. Do not overmix, or the berries will bleed.
Pour batter into muffin tin.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to continue cooling.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.