Crock Pot Sticky Chicken
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce - divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger - minced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 pounds chicken - breast, thighs, legs, etc.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce , ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a bowl or zipper bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours or until done.
When done place chicken in a broiler proof dish and preheat the broiler.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, water, and tomato paste, and remaining soy sauce.
Brush on chicken and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until chicken is slightly crisp. Keep a close watch on the chicken under the broiler.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.