This Crock Pot Sticky Chicken is one of my all-time favorite slow cooker recipes. I’ve tried several similar recipes, but I’ve found this to the be absolute BEST sticky chicken recipe. This is one of my go-to easy chicken crockpot recipes.
I’m a sucker for a slow cooker recipe. As a working mom with a full-time job, I take whatever help I can get when it comes to dinner. And, my slow cooker is my favorite helper!
I’m always on the look out for easy and tasty slow cooker chicken breast recipes. As soon as I made this Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken I knew it would be a winner!
Best Sticky chicken breast crock pot recipes
This recipe has it all going on. I just love the rich and sweet tomato flavor. It’s deep and rich and kicked up with fresh ginger and garlic. I seriously think everything is better with garlic and ginger. They’re two of my all time favorite flavor boosters when making chicken breast crock pot recipes.
How to Make Sticky Chicken
This recipe is definitely a keeper – it was really good! It was packed with flavor. And so easy to make — a perfect recipe in my book.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this easy sticky chicken recipe. The incredible sauce is a mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, garlic and tomato paste.
The recipe calls for cayenne but it’s not too spicy. If you don’t like spice, you can easily omit it – it won’t change the flavor profile too much.
easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
One of the things I love about this recipe is you can use chicken breast or chicken thighs. I’ve made it both ways and it’s incredible. If you’re planning to use chicken breasts, you should use the thicker ones. Thin sliced chicken breasts will dry out very quickly.
When I make this recipe with chicken thighs, you can use bone in or boneless. It’s up to you. These easy Crockpot chicken thighs will cook for a long time so it’s pretty flexible.
You may be tempted to skip the broiling part of the recipe, but don’t. This final step is what makes this recipe one of the best slow cooker recipes of all time. And, any recipe that calls for fresh ginger is a winner in my book.
Be sure to check out these best slow cooker recipes of all time and my slow cooker tips and tricks.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Items
- My favorite slow cooker
- My favorite casserole slow cooker
- Disposable slow cooker liners <= I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT THESE!
- Slow cooker travel bag
- Slow Cooker Essentials
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
- Slow Cooker Revolution
- Fix It and Forget It Big Cookbook
- The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms
More easy chicken crockpot recipes You May Enjoy
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken
Looking for more? Check out all of the best slow cooker recipes on It Is a Keeper.
Get even more of the best slow cooker recipes of all time on my Slow Cooker Pinterest board.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ⭐
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce , ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a bowl or zipper bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours or until done.
- When done place chicken in a broiler proof dish and preheat the broiler.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, water, and tomato paste, and remaining soy sauce.
- Brush on chicken and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until chicken is slightly crisp. Keep a close watch on the chicken under the broiler.
- Spice is Nice: The recipe calls for cayenne but it’s not too spicy. If you don’t like spice, you can easily omit it or if you like spice…add a little extra.
- Broil: You may be tempted to skip the broiling part of the recipe, but don’t. It makes this recipe perfection!
- Get Fresh: Fresh Garlic and Ginger make this recipe so good. Store the whole, unpeeled ginger root in an airtight container in the fridge.
Estimated Nutritional Information
The nutritional information provided are estimates. To learn more about how I calculate this information go to www.itisakeeper.com/about-its-a-keeper/privacy-disclosure-policies/