Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root - minced
- 4 boneless - skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits - drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Combine first 5 ingredients in slow cooker.
Add chicken and reserved pineapple juice.
Cover and cook 4 hours on high.
Stir in pineapple tidbits just before serving.
Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
Remove chicken from slow cooker.
Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce in the slow cooker to thicken.
Serve sauce over the chicken.
Copyright 2019 It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com). All rights reserved.
- When a recipe call for House Seasoning Blend, you can find the recipe on www.itisakeeper.com. Simply search for "House Seasoning Blend" or you can substitute salt and pepper to taste.
- I always use unsalted butter in my recipes.
- I always use a meat thermometor to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.